Information for Applicants
Thank you for your interest in the Korean Genomics Center!
Here at KOGIC, we are always looking for individuals with an enthusiasm towards genomics. We are recruiting those in their undergraduate/ graduate year of study. If you are interested in genomics, bioinformatics, or working in wet-labs, you may be a good fit for our team!
At KOGIC, we are working with three main goals:
- Genomics/ bioinformatics analysis: We are sequencing the genomic data of various species including humans. Genome sequencing helps us develop various bioinformatic technologies that contribute towards genomic/biomedical engineering research.
- Overcoming aging and disease: We aim to develop technologies that overcome aging and disease via customized healthcare plans, which utilize genomic/biomedical tools.
- Contributing to genomics: We aim to promote national health via our production of advanced genomic infrastructure and analyzation of genomic data, which help popularize genome-based precision medicene.
Research areas that you may participate in include, but are not limited to:
- Multiomics (genomics, transcriptomics, epigenomics)
- Phenotype prediction research (e.g. disease/physical characteristics)
- Wet-lab experiments
- Genome sequencing
- Molecular biology
As a centre boasting top-of-the-world big data analysis and experimental facilities with the latest genome sequencing/analysis equipment, we are looking for individuals with the greatest enthusiasm in the field of bioinformatics. To be eligible to apply for a position at KOGIC, you must meet one of the following requirements:
- Have experience in bioinformatics
- Have experience participating in wet-lab experiments
- Have an interest in genome analysis/ bioinformatics
- Have an interest in genome-related experiments
- Considering completing graduate school at UNIST
Furthermore, you should have the following assets:
- Interest in bioinformatics, genomics, and aging
- Passion for research
- Spirit of the Korean Constitution
- Communication skills; an enthusiasm for teamwork
- Respect for fellow scientists; humbleness
Note that asides from academic requirements, what we look for in our applicants is their passion for the field of genomics.
Any additional information you may require for the application process is listed in the following pages. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email Jong Bhak at email@example.com.
- English Language Requirements
- Application Process
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Our Principles
- Other Useful Links